10 NJ Indoor Playgrounds For Winter Fun!
It's midwinter, and everyone's tired of TV and bored to tears with video games. Corral the kids and head to one of New Jersey's indoor play spaces. It doesn't matter if the weather's cold and dreary when you visit a family-fun oasis in New Jersey.
- Imagine That! in Florham Park encourages kids to touch, discover, learn and explore the 50+ exhibits in its 16,000-square-foot hands-on setting. And the good news for parents and grandparents? You won't have to say "don't touch that!" once.
- Plan a trip to Jersey City's Liberty Science Center, the premier destination for future STEM career kids. Current exhibits range from the Nikola Tesla Lightning to PixelPalooza. Liberty Science Center also features the world's largest IMAX Dome Theater.
- Looking for a unique outing? Northlandz in Flemington invites families "all aboard" the world's largest model railroad. During your tour, you'll see 100 train cars, eight miles of track, a 40-foot bridge, 94-room dollhouse and so much more.
- There's always something fishy going on at Adventure Aquarium in Camden. This popular family attraction boasts Shark Bridge, Sea Turtle Cove and an exhibit of Little Blue Penguins. Walk within inches above a sand tiger shark, see endangered sea turtles and meet the smallest (and definitely the cutest) penguins ever.
- Nostalgic for summer fun? Get your warm-weather "slip and slide" fun at Sahara Sam's Oasis indoor water park in West Berlin. Check out the Congo Bongo Lazy River, Tim-Buk-Tu Water Tree Fort and the Mount Kilimanjaro Family Raft.
- At iPlay America in Freehold, you're invited to "get inside the fun!" Who cares about the weather when you're having a blast indoors? The fun and games include go-karts, an arcade and Cosmic Battle Laser Tag.
- Garden State Discovery Museum in Cherry Hill offers plenty of interactive fun for tots to ten-year-olds and their parents. Kids can get their hands on more than 20 giant exhibits, like the Dinosaurium and Wholesome Pickings Farmers Market.
- For more kid-friendly museum outings, head to the Jersey Shore Children's Museum in Mays Landing. Exhibits let children role play and learn about the post office, fire department, pet vet and more.
- Have teens at home itching to get behind the wheel? Zoom over to Pole Position Raceway in Jersey City to experience indoor karting. In addition to adult karts (58" minimum height required), Pole Position offers junior karts for racers who are at least 48" tall. Safe drivers only, please!
- If your kids get bug-eyed over the insect world, let them play around at Insectropolis in Toms River. View insects from the beautiful to the bizarre at exhibits ranging from WBUG Radio to Caterpillar Cafe. You can even touch a tarantula—or not!
Get the Infographic
Download and print this infographic of 10 indoor playgrounds—and get out into that day!