Amazing Memorial Day Weekend Getaways
As the “unofficial” kick-off to summer, Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to get a sneak peek of all the things you’ll love on summer break: New Jersey’s pristine beaches, exciting roller coasters, thrilling waterparks and iconic boardwalks. You’ll also find plenty of fun events to celebrate the holiday. Get away and enjoy the parades, ceremonies and special events at these magnificent towns throughout the state.
Spend the weekend in Hammonton.
The city of Hammonton may be known as the “Blueberry Capital of the World,” but it’s also home to local boutiques, quaint eateries and agricultural gems, such as mom-and-pop farms and award-winning vineyards.
- May 29, 2017: Don’t miss the Tri-Vets Memorial Day Parade, where military equipment, antique cars and bands will make their way through the downtown area before culminating with a special holiday ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park on.
Commemorate the holiday in Cape May.
You’ll be charmed upon arriving in Cape May, whether by the exemplary fine dining scene, the historic bed-and-breakfasts, the 600-plus Victorian buildings (the entire city is a Historic National Landmark) or the untamed coastline with a picturesque lighthouse.
- May 28, 2017: Starting the Cape May Music Festival, the Atlantic Brass Band will perform for FREE at the Rotary Bandstand with a rousing lineup of American music!
- May 29, 2017: See a bit of the city while paying your respects to American servicemen and servicewomen during the Memorial Day Ceremony at Cape May Convention Hall, the U.S. Coast Guard Training Center and the All Ward Monument.
Get away to the Wildwoods.
You’ll find plenty to enjoy when you spend the weekend in the Wildwoods: FREE beaches, the Wildwoods Boardwalk and family-friendly amusement parks such as Morey’s Piers & Beachfront Waterparks, Ocean Oasis Waterpark & Beach Club and Splash Zone Waterpark.
- May 26 –29, 2017: But perhaps the most amazing experience during your holiday getaway will be the Wildwoods International Kite Festival. The sky will fill-up with colorful kite creations as professional flyers flaunt their aerial tricks.
Enjoy the history in Paterson.
Get away for the weekend and explore the city of Paterson, where you can marvel at attractions such as the historic Lambert Castle, the impressive waterfall at Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park and the fascinating Paterson Museum.
- May 29, 2017: Head over to nearby Woodland Park for the Memorial Day Street Fair, where more you can enjoy more than 100 exhibitors, children’s rides, face painters and fair food.
Have an exciting holiday in Millville.
The city of Millville is well-known for its art museums, galleries and artist studios, but it’s also got plenty of attractions for motor-enthusiasts, such as the New Jersey Motorsports Park and Millville Army Air Museum.
- May 27 – 28, 2017: At the Millville Wheels & Wings Airshow, watch with excitement as the U.S. Army Navy Blue Angels Jet Demonstration Team shows off their impressive jet formation and flight skills.
Browse the events calendar for even more things to do over Memorial Day weekend.