Brookdale Park Rose Garden
Grove St. & E. Circuit Dr.,
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
See approximately 100 species of roses at the North Jersey Public Rose Garden.
The garden was formally opened and dedicated in June of 1959. At that time, there were 750 bushes planted at the flagpole. It was the first and only garden in the state designed to instruct the public in plant adaptability to particular areas.
The site was jointly sponsored by the North Jersey Rose Society and the Essex County Park Commission. The Master Gardeners of Essex County have been caring for the Garden since 1997 and formed a Committee in 2003.
This committee works in partnership with the Essex County Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs and has made great strides in restoring the garden back to its original elegance.