J. Smith Richardson History House & Museum

Loading Map.

J. Smith Richardson History House & Museum

Mount Tabor Historical Society
32 Trinity Pl., Mount Tabor, NJ 07878
973-975-0001
Website   Email

Property Description

Mount Tabor, established in 1869 as one of the first Methodist summer camp meetings in New Jersey, has evolved into a neighborhood of permanent, fanciful Victorian residences and buildings. The Mount Tabor Historic District is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places.

The Mount Tabor Historical Society is privileged to share their historic community as well as the Mount Tabor Camp Meeting Museum housed in the 1873 Richardson History House. Visitors are invited to travel back to another era and see what it was like to spend a summer, camp meeting style.

The Museum is open the second Sunday of the month from Noon to 4 pm and by appointment. Park near the Post Office at 26 Simpson Avenue and walk up the path to the Museum on Trinity Park.