100 2nd Ave.,
Roebling, NJ 08554
The Roebling Museum sits on the seven acre grounds of the former historic steel mill in Roebling. The museum interprets the seminal engineering innovations of the John A. Roebling's Sons Company-- builders of the Brooklyn Bridge and suppliers of wire rope that created the longest suspension bridges in the world.
The company forged undersea cables that made transatlantic communication possible and manufactured the wire rope for elavators that allowed skyscrapers to soar.
The museum is located in the Main Gate building, ca. 1907 and adjacent to the Village of Roebling, one of the nation's most intact company towns. The museum and village are on the National Register of historic places. The museum is open April - Dec. with regular hours and winter months by appoinment.
The museum has five exhibition galleries with changing exhibits, host lectures, school programs, family-fun events, walking tours and historic house tours. Check : www.roeblingmuseum.org for event schedule.