New Jersey Tourism Announces Monthly Getaway Sweepstakes That Put Garden State Vacations On Center Stage
Trenton, NJ—The New Jersey Division of Travel & Tourism announced an initiative that provides visitors with an opportunity to win exciting getaway experiences at some of the state’s great destinations. Running through June, New Jersey’s Great Destinations Sweepstakes will feature diverse multi-night packages valued at up to $2,200 through a partnership with venues throughout New Jersey.
All getaway packages include a minimum of two-night accommodations, complimentary meals and vouchers for activities and/or entertainment venues that vary as much as the destinations themselves. Ranging from family-friendly beach adventures to romantic retreats at secluded resorts, each month provides a new experience for visitors to discover another region of New Jersey.
Among the featured locations in the sweepstakes are the mountain resorts at Crystal Springs and Mountain Creek, landmark university towns with inspiring arts and cultural scenes in Princeton and New Brunswick, the seaside resorts of Cape May and Long Beach Island, and iconic hot spots, including Wildwood, Asbury Park and Red Bank.
“In New Jersey, we’re focused on providing consumers with a variety of unique and extraordinary value-based vacations. The sweepstakes highlights the diversity of the state’s fabulous destinations, while also providing visitors with an opportunity to truly get away,” noted New Jersey Secretary of State Nina Mitchell Wells.
Consumers can learn more about New Jersey’s great destinations and the sites featured in the packages by visiting the state’s tourism website (www.visitnj.org) or the websites of the media partners for the sweepstakes – B101 in Philadelphia (www.morefmphilly.com) and 95.5 WPLJ in New York (www.wplj.com). Visitors to the sites can enter for a chance to win that month’s featured getaway to the Garden State.
Monthly packages include:
- Theatrical getaways for two to New Brunswick – two-night stay at the sophisticated Heldrich Hotel, dinners at Stage Left and Catherine Lombardi, and tickets to performances at The State Theatre and George Street Playhouse.
- Adventurous weekend for four in Vernon – two-night stay at the exhilarating Appalachian Hotel at Mountain Creek Resort, free twilight skiing on the night of arrival, and two dinners at area restaurants. Evenings also include a lobby wine bar featuring local wines and a full complement of spirits; movie nights for the kids; free breakfast, and exclusive early lifts.
- Romantic retreat for two in Vernon – two-night stay in a premium room at the luxurious Grand Cascades Lodge at Crystal Springs, dinners for two at Restaurant Latour and the Crystal Tavern, two passes to Mountain Creek Ski Resort, or a round of golf for two.
- Experience Princeton for two – weekend stay at the historic Nassau Inn, dinners at Mediterra and the Salt Creek Grille, two vouchers for two tickets each to McCarter Theatre 2009/2010 Theatre Series, day passes to Grounds for Sculpture, and Princeton: Still Making History photography book.
- Atlantic City Getaway package – two-night stay at the Tropicana Casino & Resort, dinner for two at Buddakan at the Pier Shops at Caesars, dinner for two at the Historical Knife & Fork Inn, $50.00 gift certificate for the Atlantic City Outlets, The Walk, $50.00 gift certificate for the Pier Shops at Caesar’s, a casino review show or IMAX tickets for two, one spa package at Spa Toccare at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa: Healing Stone Therapy massage for two, admission to attractions: Lucy the Elephant, Absecon Lighthouse, Atlantic City Aquarium and a dolphin cruise aboard AC Cruises (in season) and Atlantic City gift bag.
- Classic fun for family of four in Wildwood – two-night stay at the doo-wop style Starlux Hotel; tickets for a family of four 3-hour waterpark session to either Ocean Oasis Waterpark & Beach Club or Raging Waters Themed Waterpark; amusement ride passes for unlimited rides on all three Morey’s Amusement Piers, tickets on Captain Schumann’s Sightseer Whale-Watching Boat Cruise, tickets to the Wildwoods Doo-Wop Trolley Tour; lunch and dinner for four.
- Garden State Film Festival Package for two in Asbury Park - two weekend passes to The Garden State Film Festival (Friday, April 3 – Sunday, April 5), including Opening Night Cocktail Party, all screening events, professional panel discussions, after parties; two-nights in neighboring Ocean Grove at The Laingdon Inn; dinners at the Langosta Lounge and The Salt Water Café; VIP Badges and GSFF merchandise.
- Couples getaway to Long Beach Island – two-night stay at the classic Inn at Sea Oaks; tickets to Surflight Theatre Mainstage Theatre; dinner at the Plantation Restaurant, gift basket and complementary admission to Tuckerton Seaport; welcome basket from Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce.
- Action-packed week for four in Avalon – five night midweek getaway package at the oceanfront Golden Inn Resort; dinner for up to four people in the Golden Inn Dining Room and Luigi’s Pasta & Vino; lunch for up to four people at the barefoot Beach Club Bar & Grille; a golf foursome at each of the three Jersey Cape’s most popular golf courses: Avalon Golf Club, Stone Harbor Country Club and Wildwood Country Club; four one-week Avalon Beach Access Passes; admission tickets to the Wetlands Institute; welcome gift bags from the Avalon Chamber of Commerce.
- Something for both of you in Red Bank – weekend for two at the picturesque Molly Pitcher Inn; Sunday Brunch for two at the hotel; Spa Treatments at Mossaic Spa; shopping gift cards to Jersey Shore Premium Outlets and Jackson Premium Outlets and gift basket valued at $100; dinners for two at Red and Basil T’s; tickets to the Count Basie Theater, a Day at the Races at Monmouth Park, with valet parking, clubhouse admission, private Parterre Box seating and lunch with waitress service; VIP Day on the Boardwalk at Jenkinson’s; and an all-inclusive VIP Package at Six Flags Great Adventure.
- Explore South Jersey together – weekend for two in at the convenient Holiday Inn in Cherry Hill; tickets plus backstage tour and cast meet and greet at the Ritz Theatre Company; passes to the Battleship New Jersey and Adventure Aquarium; dinners at Red, Hot & Blue and Anthony’s Italian Restaurant; and a gift certificate for $100 at the Cherry Hill Mall.
- Scenic weekend for two in Hunterdon County – weekend for two with accommodations and breakfasts at the Hampton Inn in Clinton; tickets for Hunterdon Hills Playhouse dinner theatre; private winery tour and tasting at Unionville Vineyards; dinner at Ciao Luigi; $100 shopping spree at Liberty Village Premium Outlets in Flemington, with a session with the on-site image consultant, Janet Cargill, author of “Look Damn Good - At Any Age, With Your Body, On Your Budget;” and $100 from the Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce to spend locally.