Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources
The New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism (NJTT) is actively managing developments as they unfold with COVID-19, in close conjunction with the New Jersey Department of Health. All travelers, residents and businesses can find official information regarding the state’s response to the coronavirus at New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub.
Effective Saturday, March 21 at 9 pm, Gov. Murphy has recommended all residents stay at home until further notice, with certain exceptions, as well the cancellation of all public gatherings. Gov. Murphy urges social distancing of at least 6 feet between individuals, as well as improved sanitary and hygiene practices. In the “Stay at Home Order,” gatherings of individuals, such as parties, celebrations, or other social events, are canceled, unless explicitly authorized by Executive Order 107.
Non-essential retail businesses must close storefront and/or brick-and-mortar premises operations while Executive Order 107 is in effect, and all recreational and entertainment businesses must close to the public.
Also effective Saturday, March 21 at 9 pm, Gov. Murphy signed Executive Order No. 108, which invalidates any county or municipal restriction that in any way will or may conflict with any of the provisions of Executive Order No. 107.
On Thursday, March 26, the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) Board approved a package of initiatives to support businesses and workers undergoing severe economic struggle due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
The programs, which will support between 3,000 and 5,000 small and midsize businesses, add up to more than $75 million of State and private financial support, with the potential to grow beyond $100 million.
For more information about the programs, please visit the State of New Jersey COVID-19 Business Information Hub.
NJTT is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our residents, partners, tourists, visitors and staff, and will provide you with tourism-related updates, as we closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak in our state and throughout the country.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus
- U.S. Travel Association - Emergency Preparedness and Response
- New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
- State of New Jersey: Department of Health
- Governor Phil Murphy Executive Order No. 104
- Governor Phil Murphy Executive Order No. 103, Mandatory Facility Closures
- Governor Phil Murphy Executive Order No. 107 and No. 108
- New Jersey Businesses Guidance for COVID-19
- NJEDA COVID-19 Business Support
Have general questions about COVID-19?
The NJ Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the State to provide information to the public on COVID-19:
- Call (General COVID-19 Questions): 2-1-1 (7 am – 11 pm)
- Call (Clinical Questions): 1-800-962-1253 (24/7)
- Text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts
- Text your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance