Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources
The New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism (NJTT) is actively managing developments as they unfold with COVID-19, in close conjunction with the New Jersey Department of Health. The health and safety of our communities remain our top priority, and we advise all travelers, residents and businesses to seek official information regarding New Jersey’s response to the coronavirus at New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub.
- Executive Order No. 107 & No. 108: Effective June 9, 2020, Paragraph 2 of the statewide "Stay-at-Home" is formally rescinded; all other provisions of both orders are still in effect.
- Executive Order No. 122: Imposes additional mitigation policies on essential retail businesses to limit the spread of COVID-19 in New Jersey, including the requirement of workers and customers to wear cloth face coverings while on the premises.
- Executive Order No. 125: Imposes additional mitigation requirements on NJ TRANSIT and all private carriers to limit the spread of COVID-19. The order also outlines specific policies on restaurants that have remained open for takeout orders.
- Executive Order No. 131: Creates the Governor's Restart and Recovery Commission, on the safe restart and recovery of New Jersey, effective May 18, 2020; read more about Gov. Phil Murphy's The Road Back Plan.
- Executive Order No. 133: Reopens state parks and golf courses and restores the self-authority of county parks, effective May 2, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 143: Allows beaches, boardwalks, lakes and lakeshores in New Jersey to remain open with social distancing measures and restrictions in place, effective May 22, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 147: Allows for certain outdoor activities to open at recreational businesses with required social distancing measures in place, effective May 22, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 149: Permits sporting activities to take place in outdoor settings only, in a manner that does not involve person-to-person contact, effective June 22, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 152: Permits all New Jersey parks and forests to reopen to their full maximum capacity, effective June 9.
- Executive Order No. 153: Opens New Jersey outdoor pools, effective June 22, 2020. The order also provides for the opening of all outdoor recreational and entertainment businesses, effective June 9.
- Executive Order No. 157: Allows recreational and entertainment businesses to resume at 25% capacity, effective July 2, 2020. Casinos will be subject to additional requirements by The Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Executive Order No. 161: Limits outdoor gatherings to 500 persons, effective July 3, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 163: Requires individuals to wear face coverings in outdoor public spaces when it is not practicable to socially distance 6 ft. from others.
- Executive Order No. 165: Lifts 50% capacity limits on NJ TRANSIT vehicles and requires that NJ TRANSIT and private-carriers limit vehicles to the maximum seated capacity, effective July 15, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 180: Extends the public health emergency declared on August 1, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 181: Permits gyms, health clubs, amusement parks and water parks, to reopen their indoor premises to the public, effective Sept. 1, 2020.
- Executive Order No. 183: Allows for the resumption of indoor dining in New Jersey restaurants and bars at 25% capacity (or 25 people total) of the facility with parties of eight (8) diners per table total. Staff and patrons will both be expected to wear face masks while not eating or drinking and keep a social distance of at least 6 ft. This order also applies to wineries, breweries and distilleries. Bars are capped at groups of four (4) individuals with social distance in place. The order also permits the reopening of movie theaters and indoor performance venues in New Jersey, with 25% facility cap or 150 persons total and social distancing measures of 6 ft. The order also increases the capacity limits for indoor gatherings that are religious services, memorial services and political activities by 25% capacity or 150 individuals, effective Sept. 4, 2020.
- Stage II of Restart and Recovery Plan: Allows for outdoor dining in restaurants and limited in-person, nonessential retail as of June 15, 2020; hair salons and barber shops to reopen June 22; youth summer programs to begin July 6.
- Tristate Travel Advisory: Effective June 24, 2020, all individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19 must self-quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state when arriving in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. Check Updates, which can be found on a rolling basis.
NJTT is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our residents, partners, tourists, visitors and staff, and will provide you with tourism-related updates, as we closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak in our state and throughout the country.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus Disease
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus
- U.S. Travel Association - Emergency Preparedness and Response
- New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
- State of New Jersey: Department of Health
- New Jersey Businesses Guidance for COVID-19
- NJEDA COVID-19 Business Support
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Multistate Reopening Council
Have general questions about COVID-19?
The NJ Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the State to provide information to the public on COVID-19:
- Call (General COVID-19 Questions): 2-1-1 (7 am – 11 pm)
- Call (Clinical Questions): 1-800-962-1253 (24/7)
- Text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts
- Text your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance