A New Year, A New Jersey Travel Plan
Explore New Jersey's diverse regions and towns with these five ideas which will help you get started planning your New Jersey travel.
1. Plan Your Summer Vacation: Look forward to happy summer days on the beaches and boardwalks of New Jersey. From Asbury Park to Atlantic City and Ocean City to Cape May, the state's 130 miles of shoreline and dozens of ocean-side towns host surfers, sandcastle-builders, sunbathers, swimmers - and many other activities.
2. Hit the Road for a Winter Road Trip: Once summer's squared away, embark on a spontaneous tour of some New Jersey niche attractions. Stuff your shopping bags at one of our stellar outlet malls, imagine yourself in one of our grand estates, sip your way along six wine trails and fill your camera's memory card with images of 11 historic lighthouse.
3. Valentine's Day Getaway: Snuggle up to your sweetie as the curtain falls at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark or one of dozens of regional theater companies. See if your loved one brings you luck with a weekend stay in Atlantic City, where spa treatments and sumptuous meals set just the right Valentine's Day tone. Or hole up at a boutique inn, where homey amenities and thoughtful service will make you never want to leave.
4. Fun Family Weekends: From epic, weekend-filling theme parks like Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor to hiking, tubing or fishing on the Delaware River to colorful beachside boardwalks to you-pick farms and hayrides, New Jersey keeps "I'm bored" from ever leaving your family's lips. Look for more family trip ideas
5. One-Nighters: Just have one night to sample New Jersey's attractions? Find the town that suits your travel style - big-city eats in Newark, Revolutionary War history in Morristown, jazz fests in Cape May, idyllic farmland in Mullica Hill and postcard-perfect charms in Clinton. Find New Jersey destinations