Nature center, trails, exhibits, programs, gift shop. The sanctuary was bequeathed to the New Jersey Audubon Society by Ms. Lucine Lorrimer in 1956. The main house, parts of which date back to the 1775, houses the office, classroom and gift shop. Much of the 14-acre nature sanctuary is forested with several hiking trails, a butterfly garden and several picnic areas. The New Jersey Audubon Society fosters environmental awareness and a conservation ethic among New Jersey's citizens, protects New Jersey's birds, mammals, other animals and plants, especially endangered and threatened species and promotes the preservation of New Jersey's valuable natural habitats.