New Jersey in The House! Campaign Brings Virtual State Travel Experiences to Consumers at Home
TRENTON, N.J.-- April 23, 2020: While travel is curtailed for most Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic, the New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism (NJTT) has today launched, “New Jersey in the House!”, its new digital hub for those adventurers at heart who seek the sights, sounds and spirit of New Jersey.
Developed as a feature on www.VisitNJ.org, “New Jersey in the House!” incorporates multiplatform components that enable would-be travelers to partake in virtual experiences of the Garden State. Hallmarks of the Web portal include:
- The “Ultimate New Jersey” Spotify Playlist: Downloadable for free on Spotify, the playlist consists of more than 70 songs from some of the state’s most talented natives, including: Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Southside Johnny and The Smithereens to Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston, Queen Latifah and Count Basie, with many more legends rounding out the list.
- Video Conference Backgrounds: While at home, enhance any virtual video meeting with a free, downloadable Garden State background image; select from six iconic New Jersey locales.
- Virtual Tours: Explore exhibits virtually from some of New Jersey’s most prestigious museums, or participate in educational programming online from state public libraries and attractions, including virtual story time at Adventure Aquarium.
- Virtual Cooking Classes: Learn something new in the kitchen every week from New Jersey’s celebrated chefs, cooks and restaurants, like Tony Baloney’s, which offer virtual cooking lessons on Instagram Live.
- Live & Daily Streams: State attractions, such as Diggerland and Cape May Zoo, are hosting regular livestreams to showcase animals and activities, while more than 40 livestreams along the 130 miles of breathtaking Jersey Shore coastline bring the beach home.
- Garden State Games: Two branded games, New Jersey Travel Bingo and a state-inspired edition of, “This or That,” are available for sharing via Instagram Stories.
“With ‘New Jersey In the House!’, we’ve created one digital hub that integrates all of the tremendous work produced statewide by our top attractions, museums, libraries and restaurants, allowing residents and prospective travelers to stay virtually connected to and engaged with our great state,” said New Jersey Secretary of State Tahesha Way.
“The goal of the campaign is to not only serve as a valuable resource and online tool, but also to provide entertainment and inspiration for future travel,” said New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism Executive Director Jeffrey Vasser. “We are very much looking forward to the time when we can welcome everyone back to visit.”
Follow New Jersey Travel + Tourism on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube for more events and news throughout the state.
About New Jersey
New Jersey offers a wide variety of experiences to visitors all year long. Visitors can enjoy outdoor adventures, renowned culinary offerings, educational opportunities, and a strong arts and cultural scene. With numerous state and national parks, beaches, skiing, tax free shopping, historic sites, museums and more New Jersey blends together its rich history and exciting present. Home to the nation’s first beach resorts and the birthplace of major inventions, New Jersey offers a picturesque escape and dynamic opportunities for visitors from near and far. For more information, visit www.VisitNJ.org.