Pop-Up Outdoor Entertainment Booms as a Hot Trend Throughout New Jersey
TRENTON, NJ, August 11, 2020: As New Jerseyans continue to seek socially-distant activities amid the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are meeting the demand and flexing their creative skills by developing various forms of outdoor experiences. Venues and attractions throughout New Jersey have developed innovative ways to enjoy live entertainment, view art and even embark on a safari in a safe way. Outlined below are upcoming events throughout August and September. More events can be found at www.visitnj.org.
- Downtown Freehold Family Movie Nights – Ongoing throughout August
- Starlight drive-in movies are shown weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. Arrival begins an hour before showtime, and a $5 advance registration is required per car. To encourage attendees to grab a bite after the show, each car will receive a $5 gift certificate upon checking in to be used at a local restaurant.
- Bell Works Drive-In Movie Theater – Ongoing throughout September
- With cars spaced at least eight-feet apart, there will be ample space for families to catch a film. Admission is $25 per vehicle and tickets can be purchased in advance online. Movies begin promptly at 8:45 p.m. Bell Works is home to a variety of restaurants and participating tenants will be providing special menus for purchase.
- RWJUH Hamilton Foundation YPG’s Family Movie Night – September 18
- Guests can enjoy watching “Trolls World Tour” and have a fun-filled night at Arm & Hammer Park in the outfield or stands, while being safe and socially distant. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. and tickets cost $20 for children (age 3-11) or $30 for adults (age 12+). Admission includes a food truck voucher, complimentary popcorn, and a special gift.
- Terhune Orchards Winery Weekend Music Series – Every weekend in August
- Attendees are invited to the breezy, historic apple orchard for Terhune wine, light fare, relaxing music, and friend-filled afternoons every weekend this August from 12 – 5 p.m. Local artists will perform styles ranging from jazz and blues to folk and rock. Admission is free and individual glasses of wine can be purchased.
- Sharrott Winery Live Music Series – Weekly throughout August
- Concerts are held in the evening on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays beginning at 5:30 p.m. All groups will be seated at least 6 feet away from one another. Admission is free and food and wine can be purchased.
- Red Bank StreetLife Entertainment – Every Saturday in August and September
- The sidewalks of Red Bank are alive with music and entertainment on Saturday nights all summer long. StreetLife performances take place at various locations throughout the business district in Red Bank, weather permitting.
Art and Entertainment
- Wildwood Boardwalk Craft Show – Every weekend through Labor Day
- Located on the boardwalk, the market is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. rain or shine and features all original work from the exhibitors.
- Studio Montclair “Inside Out” – On display through August 30
- Studio Montclair is activating downtown Montclair with eight exciting and thought-provoking site-specific installations in gallery display windows. Art enthusiasts can view the windows by foot or in car, 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
- Six Flags Drive-Thru Safari – Ongoing
- Visitors can explore the most interesting and exotic creatures at a 350-acre preserve in Jackson. The journey, which takes approximately 1.5 hours to 3 hours to experience, is completed in your own vehicle; tickets start as low as $19.99 per person.
- AC Jokes - Outdoor Comedy Shows – Various dates & times throughout August
- Varying headliners will perform outdoor in Wildwood and Atlantic City. Prices vary per show. A full schedule is available online.
About New Jersey
New Jersey offers a wide variety of experiences to visitors all year long. Visitors can enjoy outdoor adventures, renowned culinary offerings, educational opportunities, and a strong arts and cultural scene. With numerous state and national parks, beaches, skiing, tax free shopping, historic sites, museums and more New Jersey blends together its rich history and exciting present. Home to the nation’s first beach resorts and the birthplace of major inventions, New Jersey offers a picturesque escape and dynamic opportunities for visitors from near and far. For more information, visit www.VisitNJ.org.